Injured Victims of Crimes

Have you suffered an injury when someone else broke the law? Were you injured by a drunk driver? Were you the victim of sexual assault or child sexual abuse? In addition to the criminal sanctions against the wrongdoer, you also have a right to seek monetary damages in a civil action.

At the office of Harper & Peterson, P.L.L.C., our lawyers have decades of experience protecting the rights of people in Minnesota, Wisconsin and across the United States. We are first and foremost trial attorneys; both Bill Harper and Paul Peterson are Board Certified as Civil Trial Specialists. We carefully choose the cases we handle so that we can devote our full attention to getting the outcome you want and deserve. If we cannot settle your case for full value, we are always willing and able to take your claims to court to get the results you seek. In our years in practice, we have tried hundreds of cases.

Attorneys Representing People Who Have Been Injured by the Criminal Actions of Others

At Harper & Peterson, P.L.L.C., we are active members of the National Crime Victim Bar Association, a professional organization that seeks to protect the rights of victims of crime. We will carefully examine the facts and circumstances of your case, and we will help you take any necessary steps to pursue full and fair compensation for any injuries or losses you have suffered as the victim of a crime.

We know from experience that many criminal defendants are essentially "judgment proof." This means they lack the personal assets or insurance coverage to pay for your losses. We will exhaustively investigate your case to determine whether there are others with liability and greater financial resources, such as landowners, corporations, or even bar or restaurant owners who served a drunk driver. We have successfully obtained financial damages in a wide range of cases involving criminal wrong, including:

  • Compensation for a family whose mother was murdered in front of her children
  • Compensation for victims of sexual assault or abuse, often from institutions that hired or failed to monitor the actions of the perpetrator

Contact Our Office

To arrange an appointment with an experienced Woodbury attorney, contact us online or call our office 24/7 at 651-738-8539 (toll free at 1-800-779-1466). We offer free consultations to injured victims.