Pursuing Insurance Bad Faith Relief
Have you suffered an injury or loss, only to have your insurance provider deny the claim? You are not alone. Insurance companies employ claims adjusters and batteries of lawyers in an attempt to minimize the amount they have to pay out on claims. In many instances, they will simply engage in delays or offer you far less than you deserve, hoping that you will accept and go away.
At the office of Harper & Peterson, P.L.L.C., we have decades of experience handling bad faith insurance claims. We are first and foremost trial attorneys, but will always seek to negotiate a settlement that brings you all the benefits to which you are entitled. If your insurer is unwilling to bargain in good faith, we will take your case to court to get the outcome you deserve.
Lawyers Protecting Your Rights In Insurance Bad Faith Claims
In Minnesota, if an insurance company fails to act in good faith while investigating, evaluating or settling a claim under a valid policy, the company can be liable for monetary damages. Your insurance provider actually has a fiduciary duty toward you, which requires that it acts in your best interests. Failure to do so can result in liability in excess of the financial obligations under an auto or truck accident policy or another relevant type of insurance policy.
You may have a claim if your insurer failed to:
- Adequately or fully investigate the claim
- Adequately or fully investigate any claims that would mitigate or reduce your liability in a claim brought against you
- Properly inform you of the consequences of a court judgment that exceeds your policy limits
- Properly notify you of all settlement offers, or any other information relevant to the claim
- Properly notify you of the insurer’s conflict of interest if a case against you has a settlement value in excess of policy limits
Contact Us If An Insurer Refuses To Pay Properly
We provide a confidential, cost-free consultation to every client. To arrange a private, no-cost meeting with an experienced St. Paul lawyer to discuss a potential insurance bad faith claim, contact our office online or call us 24/7 at 651-738-8539 (toll-free at 800-779-1466).